My Top Ten Writing Resources
By Ruth Barringham
I often receive emails from writers asking me what resources they can use to hlep them make money from their writing.
I always steer them towards the products I’ve used along the way to help me get to where I am now - a full time writer.
So I thought that it might be time that I list my favourite writing resources for everyone.
These 10 resources (I have many more) are ones that I’ve used myself and highly recommend.
These are writing courses and ebooks, all of which I’ve used and read over and over again.
So if you’ve ever been on the fence about buying a writing product, I hope this short list will help you to finally make that jump from someone who dreams about being a successful writer to someone who is earning an amazing income from their writing.
I’ve listed these writing resources in no particular order.
1. Crypto Copywriting Secrets - How to create profitable sales letters fast - even if you can't write your way out of a paper bag now. Ben Settle. I like this ebook (from Amazon) because it’s only a short book but it tells you everything you need to know to write a profitable sales letter. The author makes it so easy to understand that even if you’ve never written an online sales letter before, you won’t go wrong by following this advice about not only what to write but how to set the whole thing out. And if you want to sell your own books, you really need to understand copywriting and how it helps to persuade people to buy.
2. Desperate Buyers Only! Best-selling Guide To Creating Info Products For High-converting Markets. Low Refund Rates, High Dollar Product. Steady Earner! Great For Newbies Or Experienced Affiliates And Publishers. Alexis Dawes. I love this huge ebook because it helps you to find a “hungry market” before you write your ebook so that you know that you can produce high sales. Not only do you know that there’s a market out there just waiting to buy your ebook, but you also know where to find them so that your marketing is really affective. And now there are 5 extra bonuses added. This is a huge collection of writing resources and includes the bonus report that shows you how to write your book content quickly.
3. Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words. Joe Vitale. This is such an amazing book that you have to read it several times over to actually “get it.” This is because the author, the amazing Dr Joe Vitale, not only tells you to use hypnotic writing in everything you write, but also the whole book is written using hypnotic writing, so you have to read it over and over to see exactly how he does it (or is the hypnotic writing the reason I have to keep reading the book?). I bought the print copy of this book and it’s my go to reference for persuasive writing.
4. Super Affiliate: How I Made $436,797 In One Year Selling Other People’s Stuff. Rosalind Gardner. This is the ebook that got me up and running with affiliate marketing. I’d been doing it for some time but until I read this handbook I had no idea how many things I was doing wrong, how many other things I SHOULD have been doing, and how much money I was leaving on the table every time. This ebook is amazing in the way that it helped me to immediately double my affiliate sales. Affiliate marketing is a great second income stream for writers. Start Your Own Home-based Affiliate Marketing Business With Super Affiliate Rosalind Gardner's Expert Guidance! Topics Include Blogging, Market Research, Affiliate Programs, Web Design, Problem Avoidance And So Much More! Updated Regularly.
5. How to Write a Nonfiction eBook in 21 Days - That Readers LOVE! Steve Scott. This is a great ebook and guides you all the way from coming up with an idea, finding out if the market is hot for your chosen subject to how to write your ebook. And all in 21 days. Written in easy to understand English so even if you’ve never written a book before, you can with this great resource.
6. 1500 Words Per Hour: How To Write Faster, Better And More Easily Using The Simple And Powerful Speed Write System For Writing Mastery. N.P. Martin. I like this book because it helped me to not only look at how writing faster can improve my output, but also showed me that writing faster doesn’t mean writing bad. It can actually improve your writing when you just get things written as fast as you can without letting your critical, conscious mind interfere. Just let the words flow. And practice makes writing quickly so easy. It’s just something that you need to try for yourself to understand how powerful it can be.
7. 2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love. Rachel Aaron. This is another amazing book about writing fast. The author shows you not only how to physically write quickly, but how your environment can impact your writing speed and creativity too. The author, who is a novelist, even found that working in cafes helps her to write in a focused window of creativity for hours because even though it’s crowded and noisy where she is, there is no one wanting her attention and distracting her from her focus on her writing. So in the same time at home where she could write 2,000, she can now write 10,000 words in the same time. I found this book to be really inspirational AND helpful.
8. The Affiliate Trump Card. Ben Settle. This is another helpful ebook by Ben Settle, who is quite a genius at online marketing. In this straight-to-the-point-no-fluff guide, the author shows you many different ways to make more money as an affiliate marketer. And he knows what he’s talking about because when he markets just one affiliate product, he aims to make AT LEAST five figures from his marketing. That in itself is impressive because he always manages to do it. And the methods he reveals are quite amazing. These are things that the average affiliate marketer will probably never have thought of before, but Ben shows you how to really leverage your time and efforts to make more sales without spending more time writing.
9. How to have a 48 Hour Day. Don Aslett. This book is both fun and inspiring to read. It really makes you want to do so much more in a day than you do now AND have a ton of fun doing it. I'd recommend this book to anyone who wants to enjoy life more while being fabulously productive at the same time. Don Aslett is a greally great writer and his books are all fun to read. Once you read this book you'll never again be satisfied with doing less than you're capable of.
10. How to Get Out of Your Own Way: A Step-by-Step Guide for Identifying and Achieving Your Goals. Dr Daniel G Amen. This is not just a book on finding and achieving your goals, but it's a whole course to work through. A huge book and so beneficial for finding out what you really want, what's holding you back, and what to do about it.
And that’s my top 10 list.
Just try a few of these resources, or try them all.
They helped me to get to where I am now with my writing income and they can do the same for you.
But don’t just read them.
Follow the advice.
And increase your writing income not just 100%, but 500% and more.
I wish you the best of luck.
But you need to start reading andwriting now.